no bikes

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Thursday

Thursday is basically the best day for me because I have absolutely nothing on Friday, so I'm going to take the opportunity to update the blog. There is an amazing video up over on defgrip right now featuring everyone's favourite comedian... I don't usually like to cite other blogs cause most people read defgrip anyways but this is worth it, so head on over. While on the topic of other people's stuff, Lavar's JBA project has been stirring up some controversy, but I think they're awesome (even though I would never spend $65 on a t-shirt). I did some dying on a few shirts last summer (yeah, that's right, we're waaayyy ahead of the trends) and it was really fun; they never made it up here because I didn't expect people to want marble dyed shirts, but props to those guys for putting some artistry into t-shirts and not just throwing a screen on the front. There are some photos of zane over at www.seshinbikes.com and he is still busy working on a little web video for us; also the owrd on the street is that seshin is making some kind of video this year, possibly a free web release which is cool for us because Zane and Desson are both on that team along with Brent Webb, the greatest tabletopper of all time.

Anchorage is supposed to get a new skatepark this summer, that's the good news, the bad news is that they're spending $275,000 on a 20,000 square foot metal skatepark which is completely mind blowing because it's such a dumb idea, maybe they figure if it all goes sour they can melt it and sell it for scrap to the Chinese. I mean, i respect the fact that some people probably put a lot of work into getting the thing and at least it's better than what we have now (a 3 foot spine/boxjump and a flatbank in a hockey rink), but if you've ever been to a metal skatepark you know this has bad idea written all over it.

I will have the savvy interview up this weekend.

-Aaron

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home