no bikes

Friday, October 05, 2007

Another Tailwhipper




I first got to know Ryan Hiebert a little bit around the time that Romance came out, but didn't really meet him until I went back to Kelowna this summer. He seems like a pretty nice guy, and on the recommendation of Desson and Ridgeway we've added him to the lineup. Ryan is originally from Osooyoos and now lives in Burnaby and goes to BCIT, look forward to a bit of footage from him in the next dvd.



name age and where you're from:

My name is Ryan Hiebert and I'm 18 year old from Osoyoos, BC

how has the move to burnaby been? why did you move there?

It's been alright. I moved into a place before I had a chance to look at it in person and it was a big mistake. Its crazy living here. Its weird moving away from all your friends that you grew up riding with to only knowing a handful of people that live down here. I moved here to go to take a machinist program at B.C.I.T.

who are your favourite people to ride with?

My favourite people to ride with would have to be my friends from Osoyoos and definitely the BK guys.

what kind of riding and tricks are you into?

I really like riding skateparks. The new Penticton park is amazing and was just under an hour from my house so I rode that a bunch. My local park back home was small but I really liked it there to. Lately I've been riding alot of street though and I'm really enjoying it. As for tricks I'd say I do alot of tailwhips and barspins but I'd like to be able to do turndowns but I just can't seem to figure them out....someday.



you went on a trip or two this summer right? any good stories from those?

I have so many good stories from the trips from this past year. My favourites would be going to nelson in the winter time with Desson, Richard, and Mark and having Mark's car breakdown and all of us piling in to Desson's old 2 door Shadow to get home. Going to whistler this summer was awesome to. The whole trip was an adventure. From sleeping in the Squamish bowl to having Zac's truck break down in the middle of the Coquihalla at 2 in the morning.

you picked up a video camera this summer, how's that been going?

Slow, haha. I've been figuring it out and having fun doing it but its definitely more complicated than I originally thought.

lastly, what do you expect from being on no bikes this year?

I think that it will be a good time to meet some new friends, ride some new places, and have a good time doing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home