no bikes

Friday, March 16, 2007

Blog marathon

Spring break started today so amidst having nothing to do and some things to say I stumbled online... Don't expect this to have any common themes though. There is a contest happening at the end of the month at Joel's place in Fairbanks, this will be a good time and i'll be there, but not because I love driving to Fairbanks.

After much anticipation from me, Borat finally came out on dvd and honestly I was pretty disappointed. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of intentionallly tarninshing the reputation of an entire nation, but the humour in this movie was just dumb. Any idiot can think of extremely inappropriate things and say them to strangers; It says a lot about our culture when saying things like "I have sexy time with my mother in law" will land your movie at the top of the box office. I'm not necessarily going off on this movie because it was inapproriate because that's not really the big issue to me, what I am saying is that it's unoriginal and unintelligent. Before this Steve-O ran around in a thong and Tom Green painted lesbians on his father's car, don't you think it's time popular culture learned a new trick instead of just churning out the same old stuff? If you want to see something that's funny and required the use of somebody's brain watch a Wes Anderson movie, or Little Miss Sunshine, even some things by Kevin Smith...

Three other things that I hate this week:

1. When bmx magazines print interviews in which every photo has already been in a video section (brandon hoerres ride uk, seth kimbrough dig etc.).

2. Online bmx videos featuring kids from all over the country doing the exact same thing (yes, you can tailwhip and hang 5, we get it).

3. It's March, and there's still three feet of snow.

Three things that I like this week:

1. The prizes I've begun collecting for the Juston Gair Jam (I'm not sure if you know what you got yourself into here Zane)

2. Scotty Cranmer. Somehow he went from being a guy who makes weird faces while doing park rat tricks to a guy who still makes weird faces, but now while doing some pretty interesting stuff.

3. Tabletops.

I'll probably feel bad about all the negativity in this post and delete it later.

-Aaron

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home