no bikes

Sunday, March 18, 2007

I only keep two old Ride magazines and they're the first two I ever bought. Today I was going back through one of them and I thought there were a few things that were interesting enough to scan and put up on the site. Back in '95 the X-Games were in their first year and they were still called the Extreme Games (I'm pretty sure this was the year that some guy bungee jumped in a canoe). Jay Miron wrote an East coast roadtrip article that spanned most of the issue, Robbie Morales was a slim looking AA pro racer and Taj wore a full face helmet. Here are a few more highlights:

Ian Morris and one of the craziest rails of all time. Just click the photo and keep in mind what would happen if he missed that or hung up on an upright.
This was from the Extreme Games article, it's Jay's pretty hilarious explanation of the other events that happenned that year.

This Fuzzy Hall Mongoose ad is probably the best thing they ever did. Leathers... shades.... open faced race helmet... nice.


This isn't really that funny or cool, but I'm pretty sure it's the first mention of Little Devil in bmx popular culture (notice that Derek Adams is still selling shirts out of his house at this point). I'm not really a huge Little Devil fan but you can't deny that they've had a pretty big influence on the industry. Also notice Dave Osato riding for basic on the left there back when the Small Town Hick was the frame to have around BC


I'll post more later in the week when I go through my other issue.
-Aaron


2 Comments:

Blogger Jason King said...

AAAAAAron, Thanks for the call last night. I wish I had been more speak-to-able. I'm sure we would have talked for hours. I need to call more often. I'm sory. It was rad to share yet another special day with my good buddy Aaron.

Worst birthday moment- 12 year olds singing happy birthday to me

Best birthday moment- telling people about 80 12 year olds singing happy birthday to me, kids are special.

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how we have completely given up email for blog posting. It rules.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home